At Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Primary School Gladesville (OLQP) we believe that the future is in our hands.
We aim to provide for those in our community an optimal learning environment that through its innovation, creativity and expression welcomes and inspires all.
Following the tradition of our founding Sisters of Mercy Order, we strive to live by, and learn from, the values of their founder, Catherine McAuley. These values of mercy, human dignity, justice, service and consideration for the poor permeate our school community and help us to deepen our relationship with Jesus.
Our vision is to:
- Engage members of our school community through the provision of authentic, meaningful and relevant learning experiences
- Empower each individual with the knowledge, skills and values to fulfill their individual potential so they may
- Evolve as lifelong learners who will strive to make a difference and actively and justly contribute to their world.
It is a privilege to be a part of the warm and inviting OLQP community and I encourage you to take some time to see what a special place this is.
Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Primary School Gladesville was founded in 1925 when Gladesville was still part of the parish of Ryde. Fr Edward Gell, the parish priest, invited the Sisters of Mercy (Parramatta congregation) to staff the school.
It began as an infants and primary school, taking girls from Kindergarten to Year 6 and boys from Kindergarten to Year 2. By 1930 there were 233 students. The Sisters of Mercy ended their leadership of the school in 1977; however, the development of and lived experience of mercy values permeates all aspects of school life.
Today, Our Lady Queen of Peace is a dynamic community with seven classes and an enrolment of over 140 students.
At Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Primary School (OLQP) Gladesville, our mission is to:
- Celebrate our Catholic faith, respect diversity and build community.
- Strengthen our Catholic identity by embracing the evangelising mission of our Church.
- Ensure that learning is inspired by Catholic teachings and traditions.
At OLQP, our vision is:
- Founded on the person of Jesus Christ.
- To value belonging, respect and the building of positive relationships.
- To engage and empower our students in a contemporary learning environment that meets personalised needs and abilities.
- To build a diverse community where there is a shared partnership between parish, school and home.
Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Primary School is part of the Ryde-Gladesville Parish. Father Greg Morgan, our parish priest and Father Alfredo Serrano, our assistant priest take an active role and interest in the school along with supporting and nurturing the faith of our students, staff and families.
Fr Greg Morgan
Saturday: 5.00pm Sunday Vigil
Sunday: 9.00am, 10.45am (Italian Mass – second Sunday of the month)
Ryde-Gladesville Catholic Parish
2a Charles Street, Ryde, NSW 2112
(02) 9807 2966
Proudly Part of the Community of Sydney Catholic Schools
Our school is part of a system of over 150 low-fee Catholic schools in the Sydney Archdiocese.
Sydney Catholic Schools are thriving Catholic communities that ignite a love of Christ through excellent teaching and learning to empower students to reach their full potential.